Artemov Igor' Iosifovich, Doctor of engineering sciences, professor, vice rector for research and innovation, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Zverovshchikov Aleksandr Evgen'evich, Doctor of engineering sciences, associate professor, sub-department of machine building technology, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Martynov Aleksandr Nikolaevich, Doctor of engineering sciences, professor, sub-department of machine building technology, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Background. Work-pieces of complex space configuration often require three-dimensional fine-deseaming machining in order to liquidate remnants of gating systems and casting material. Granulated grinding material serves as an instrument; for those there is no system estimation of processing characteristics. Changes while processing properties of the surface coating of the material are not taken into account either. The aim of the research is to work out methods of quantitative assessment of the impact on the quality of work-pieces’ surface coating produced by characteristics of macrostructure and inflexibility of the grain pack.
Materials and methods. Computer modeling of working media contact was carried out by the finite-element method, as well as experimental analysis of working media pliancy, ideas of abraser cutting and wear theory and foundations of the mathematical theory of experiment were used. Grains on resin bond and metal working media were used. Experimental samples are made of structural carbon and heat-resistant steel.
Results. Technological characteristics and design factors of grains for three-dimensional machining were systematized. The method to estimate the impact of grain flexibility on characteristics of the contact point and estimation test of abraser cutting process was worked out. Characteristics of the diffusion layer of faces after three-axis planet centrifugal treatment were examined. Criteria for application of operating schedules were worked out.
Conclusions. The authors worked out the grounds for evaluation of working media properties for three-dimensional machining and revealed the characteristic features and advantages of using pliable grains. It is stated that formation of compressive resting stress and hard-facing take place during three-axis planet centrifugal treatment.
granular medium, volume machining, planetary motion, characteristics of grains, pliancy, modeling, abraser cutting, condition of surface coating.
1. Certificate of authorship 1705040 USSR, MKIZ V24V 31/104. The method of centrifugal part processing and the device for its implementation. A. N. Martynov, E. Z. Zverovshchikov, V. Z. Zverovshchikov, A. E. Zverovshchikov, M. D. Afonin, Yu. V. Denisov, F. G. Bagrintsev (USSR); published on 15.01.92, Bul. no. 2.
2. Certificate of authorship № 1627382 (SSSR) M. kl. V24V 31/104. The method of part processing and the device of its implementation. A. N. Martynov, V. Z. Zverovshchikov, A. E. Zverov-shchikov, A. T. Man'ko; published on 15.02.91, B. I. no. 6.
3. Zverovshchikov V. Z., Zverovshchikov A. E., Zotov E. V. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Povolzhskiy region. Tekhnicheskie nauki [University proceedings. Volga region. Engineering sciences]. 2009, no. 3 (11), pp. 162–170.
4. Kragel'skiy I. V. Trenie i iznos [Friction and wear]. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1968, 480 p.
5. Zverovshchikov A. E. Mnogofunktsional'naya tsentrobezhno-planetarnaya obrabotka [Multifunctional three-axis centrifugal treatment]. Moscow: Infra-M, 2013, 176 p.
6. Yashcheritsyn P. I., Martynov A. N. Chistovaya obrabotka detaley v mashinostroenii [Smoothing of parts in machine building]. Minsk: Vysheysh. shk., 1983, 191 p.